History A Level at The Boston Grammar School
- Year 12:
- From Pitt to Peel 1783 – 1846: Pitt the Younger and the challenges of the Frenc h Revolution; Lord Liverpool and the radical challenges of 1812 - 22; Tory governments of 1822 - 39; the Great Reform Act passed; Peel’s ministry of 1841 - 46; Foreign policy 1783 - 1830
- The USA and the Cold War 1945 – 93: Western policies in Post War Asia 1945 - 19 93; The Korean War and its impact up to 1977; Indochina 1954 - 1967; Wars in Vietnam and Cambodia, 1968 - 1993
- Year 13:
- Y318 Historical Themes – Russia and its Rulers, 1855 - 1964
- Y100 Topic based essay (coursework). The topic will be chosen by the individual st udent from a list of titles approved by the exam board. The topic will be on the USA in the era 1919 - 1941. Assessment:
- From Pitt to Peel 1783 – 1846: Examination - essays, and some source analysis based questions.
- The USA and the Cold War 1945 – 93: Ex amination - two essays
- Russia and is rulers: Examination - two essays and an interpretation based question
- Coursework (3,000 - 4,000 words)
- B grade at GCSE History.
- Good literacy skills.
- Be proactive and a good independent learner.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Boston Grammar School directly.
Last updated date: 03 October 2017