Level 3 Extended Diploma in Public Services at West Kent College
Designed to develop and prepare you for a life in either the armed forces or emergency services. This course will focus on supervisory and leadership skills, as well as providing practical knowledge around entering the pathway of your choice. With our range of outdoor facilities on offer to deliver kayaking, canoeing, archery and climbing, this course will enhance your life skills around motivation, organisation to prepare you for your future career.
You will study:
• Government, policies and the public services
• Leadership and teamwork in the public services
• Citizenship, diversity and the public services
• Understanding discipline in the uniformed public services
• Outdoor and adventurous expeditions
• Skills for land-based outdoor and adventurous activities
• Skills for Water Based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
• Land navigation by map and compass
• Physical preparation, health and lifestyle for the public services
• Fitness testing and training for the uniformed public services
Students may have the opportunity to undertake additional short qualifications as part of their course. These are designed to support future careers.
You will need five GCSEs at Grades A*-C/9-4, including English and maths.
Applicants to this course are
also required to partake in the sports enrichment programme.
Students will be assessed throughout the course using assignments, tests and practical observations.
Students can progress into higher education courses designed for the Public Services or into the industry.
This course is linked to our sports enrichment programme representing an exciting opportunity for students to develop sporting expertise and study skills. Students on the course are expected to take part in a variety of enrichment activities each week. Opportunities range from taking part in one of our College sports teams, working in the community or undertaking further study and courses within the department.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.