Food and Beverage Service Level 2 Diploma at North Hertfordshire College
Our catering and hospitality courses include lots of opportunities for you to get hands-on experience of the world of work, including:
- Work experience with businesses like Galvin at Windows, Alimentum, Hermitage Road and Hanbury Manor
- Visits to Billingsgate Seafood School, Hanbury Manor and Fine Food Fair
- Attending the Game to Eat Workshop for level 3 professional cookery students
- Attending the environmental health presentation.
Food and beverage service: you’ll learn about the supervision of food and drink preparation, food safety for catering, promotion of food and beverage services and products. You’ll also learn about customer service in hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism,
how to supervise hospitality events as well as the legal and social responsibilities within
Through this course you’ll learn about:
- Customer relations
- Planning and running a hospitality event
- The catering and hospitality industry
- Principles of customer service in hospitality
- Products, services and support in the hospitality industry
- Providing customer service in hospitality
- Health and safety.
To join this course, you’ll need:
- Four GCSEs at grade D or above including maths and English; or,
- Four GSCEs at grade D or above, plus functional skills level 1 maths and English; or,
- A level 1 qualification in a relevant subject area, passed with a Merit or Distinction grade – plus maths and English GCSE grade D or above, or functional skills level 1 maths and English.
This course is assessed through assignments and projects. You’ll only sit exams if you’re also doing maths or English GCSE or functional skills.
Price on application.
Students may be charged additional costs to pay for course materials, uniform if required, trips and visits. Financial help may be available for these costs, please contact for more information.
You do not have to pay course fees if you are between 16 and 18 years old and have been living in the UK or an EU country for three years prior to starting your studies.
If you are over 18 please speak to a client advisor.
Having successfully completed this course, you’ll be able to progress to:
- Level 3 courses including advanced diploma in professional cookery
- Paid employment in the sector.
Please visit our website for further information - www.nhc.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Hertfordshire College directly.