Accessibility links

Fine Art at Elizabeth Woodville School

Course content

Art is a form of communication and a means of expressing ideas and feelings. In this course you will develop your drawing, painting and sculpting skills through a series of challenging and thought provoking projects to expand your visual language skills This course builds on the skills that you have been taught in year 9 and is for those who want to realise their artistic ideas in a more thorough and in depth way. The projects that you will study will cover  * work from other cultures * portraiture and sculpture.  The course is structured to develop each student’s individual skills within the broad based Art curriculum. This is an excellent course that enables you to analyse and understanding the world around you and to express your responses through visual means.


As a GCSE course you can achieve grades A* - G.  The course weighting is 60% coursework with an exam that accounts for the remaining 40%.  The coursework is a portfolio of work developed across the two years with a sketchbook being an integral part.  There are three coursework units, each consisting of drawings, artist research, development of media and the realisation of a final piece of work.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Elizabeth Woodville School directly.

Last updated date: 16 November 2015
Provider logo

Key information

  • Start date: Unknown