Music (Performance) BTEC Level 3 National Diploma at Corelli College Co-Operative Academy
Students complete 12 units over 2 years. There are 3 Compulsory Units which are; Music in Society, Music Project and The Sound and Music Industry.
These are added to with 9 optional units which cover a variety of aspects of music. The current units which we run at Corelli are:
1. Music Events Management (Setting up and running an event within the college)
2. Live Music Workshop
3. Music in the Community
4. Either: Music Performance Techniques (performance based unit) or Music Production Techniques (technology based unit)
5. Music Theory and Harmony
6. Pop Music in Practice
7. Studying Music from Around the World
8. Working and Developing as a Musical Ensemble
9. The Musical Freelance World
Music Level 2 Qualification at C or above, or equivalent (GCSE, BTEC, Music Practitioner) English GCSE at Grade B or above Maths GCSE at Grade C or above
Assessments consist of a portfolio of evidence such as meeting agendas and minute, log books , written documents and reports. These are used alongside practical evidence such as; performances, workshops, interviews, videos and teacher observations.
The course is ideally placed to allow for progression to study music at higher education or enter a music based apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Corelli College Co-Operative Academy directly.