Physical Education A level at King Edward VI Sixth Form College
Physical Education takes a multi-disciplinary approach, encouraging the development of different methods of enquiry, drawn from a wide range of disciplines, with the focal point being the performer and the performance.
The specification is based on the interaction between the theory and practice of Physical Education.
Topics covered in AS include:
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Acquiring, performing and teaching movement skills
- Contemporary issues in PE and sport
- Performance and its improvement via the demonstration of acquired and developed skills in two practical activities, and an oral presentation evaluating a live performance in one of your two activities
Topics covered in A2 include:
- Historical studies
- Psychology of sport performance
- Exercise physiology
- Improvement of effective performance in one activity and an oral presentation evaluating a live performance in your practical activity
GCSE Physical Education is NOT essential.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact King Edward VI Sixth Form College directly.