Electrical Installations Level 2 Diploma at Harlow College
This programme is a practical, work-related course. You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations. It covers the basic underpinning knowledge and technical practical skills needed to be an Electrician. The programme provides a good foundation for future careers opportunities or progression on to a more advanced work-related qualification.
- 201/501 - Health and safety in building services engineering
- 202 - Principles of electrical science
- 203 - Electrical installations technology
- 204 - Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- 210 - Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
You will have the opportunity to attend:
- Talk by visiting speakers during careers and industry week
- Visit industrial sites
- Be involved in other areas of the construction industry
- Practical workshop sessions
- Skill enhancement demonstrations
- Formal talks
- Individually based projects using specially designed learning materials on our Virtual Learning Environment
1 Year - Successful completion of the Level 1 Multi-skills course or 4 GCSEs at grade C or above including Maths, Science and English.
2 Year – 4 GCSEs at grade E-F or above including Maths, Science and English.
Practical workshop activities, formal lectures, daily target achievement, use of specially designed learning materials, individual study, modular, within and outside programme hours.
Textbooks, uniform, boots, toolkit, pens, stationery and folders. Approx cost £150.
Level 3 Diploma or onto the Level 3 Apprenticeship route before seeking employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harlow College directly.