Construction and the Built Environment Level 3 at Gateshead College
Designed for those who wish to pursue a career in the construction industry and who are aiming to become construction professionals responsible for building projects of the future.
The course is taught at the Skills Academy for Construction and includes:
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment
- Maths and English improvement opportunity
- Work placement opportunity
The subjects include mandatory and optional units, the mandatory units are:
- Health safety and welfare in construction and the built environment
- Sustainable construction
- Mathematics in construction and the built environment
- Science and materials in construction and the built environment
These will be in addition to five optional units chosen to reflect the requirements of the sector and provide a range of experience for the student.
4 GCSEs grade C or above or equivalent, ideally including maths and English.
The courrse is assessed by a range of assignments including research activity, presentations and group tasks. There are no final exams.
Career opportunities include:
- Architectural technologist
- Building surveying
- Project management
Fast-track to an apprenticeship
If you can’t find the right apprenticeship vacancy or you want to do some studying first - no problem. You can start on a vocational study programme then once you’re ready and a vacancy becomes available, we’ll help you transfer on to an apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gateshead College directly.