Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Advanced Apprenticeship at Truro and Penwith College
The qualifications in this Apprenticeship are highly valued by the industry, not only in the UK, but internationally, and are awarded by the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) which governs the standards required by employers across the motor vehicle industry. As an Apprentice, you could work for a dealership and focus on a particular manufacturer or work for an independent garage that services and repairs many different makes of vehicles.
- Health and safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- Support for job roles in the automotive work environment
- Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Light vehicle maintenance
- Light vehicle engine mechanical, lubrication and cooling system units and components
- Light vehicle fuel, ignition, air and exhaust system units and components
- Removing and replacing light vehicle electrical units and components
- Removing and replacing light vehicle chassis units and components
- Removing and replacing light vehicle transmission and driveline units and components
- Identify and agree motor vehicle customer service needs
- Inspecting light vehicles using prescribed methods and skills in inspecting light vehicles using prescribed methods
Candidates joining the Apprenticeship programme require a minimum of 4 GCSEs graded A*-D or to have completed a Level 1 motor vehicle qualification alongside Functional Skills.
Subject to satisfactory completion of all aspects of the Apprenticeship framework and with the recommendation from the tutor and support from the employer, we would provide a progression route to a Level 3 Apprenticeship framework that focuses on vehicle electrical and mechanical fault diagnosis. For effective support the place of employment would normally have at least one person who is qualified in vehicle electrical diagnostics and have access to dealer level diagnostic equipment to enable this progression.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Truro and Penwith College directly.