Applied Science (Forensic) BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate at NewVIc
Do you like discovering the answer to things? This course aims to provide practical and theoretical experience in the field of science, develop laboratory skills and your knowledge or forensic techniques and criminal psychology
The full course consists of units including:
- practical laboratory techniques
- mathematical methods
- forensic analysis
- perceptions of Science
- Criminology and Criminal Psychology
On the course you will:
- carry out practical laboratory experiments
- analyse results of measurements – research and report on Forensic Science techniques
- discuss social implications of scientific developments
- debate the origins of criminal behaviour
Five or more A*-C grades at GCSE, including English Language (grade 9-5).
You will be assessed by practical work and a collection of evidence from your portfolio.
This course combines well with other A-level Science courses, in particular Chemistry, Biology and Psychology. This subject will enhance your application for a course at university in Forensic Science or Criminology
The one-year Certificate is equivalent to an AS-level. The two-year Subsidiary Diploma is equivalent to an A-level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NewVIc directly.