Hairdressing City & Guilds Diploma Level 3 at Doncaster College
This qualification forms part of a complete programme which will help to develop the necessary skills and knowledge required to succeed not only in hairdressing, but also in the wider world of work.
This qualification aims to develop and build upon the technical skills and knowledge learnt in Level 2 to advanced level.
As well as achieving a nationally recognised qualification in hairdressing you will also develop skills and achieve qualifications in English, Maths and Customer Care.
Training will take place in our well equipped, modern salons, with instruction from our team of highly skilled, qualified and supportive tutors.
You will be taught through a combination of classroom and salon activities and will complete written and practical work. You will learn practical treatments by working on your head blocks, before moving on to work on paying clients in our real life working salon.
Units covered include:
- Health & Safety
- Advanced Services Consultation
- Advanced Cutting
- Advanced Styling
- Advanced Colouring
- Advanced Perming
- Colour correction
- Creative Hairdressing design skills & competition work
- Customer Service
- Students who have not already achieved GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above will also work towards achieving these as part of their programme.
- Level 2 hairdressing qualification (including perming unit)
- successful completion of an industry standard trade test
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an interview
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills
Assessment will include practical observations on paying clients, written assignments, computer based tests and building portfolio of evidence.
You will be required to purchase a kit and uniform, details of which will be provided at interview.
- Business Management Courses
- Assessing or teaching qualifications, once the required industrial experience has been completed
This qualification will provide opportunities to gain employment as a stylist working in settings such as a hairdressing salon, health farm and cruise liner, self employment, teaching, assessing and managing hairdressing salons.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.