Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Apprenticeship at level 3 at Vocational Training Services Care Sector Limited
The level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship is appropriate for learning upport staff whose role requires competence across a range of responsibilities. They will contribute to planning, implementing and evaluating learning activities, and will work alongside the teacher to support whole class activities as well as working on their own with individuals or groups of pupils. The framework provides training for the roles of teaching, classroom and learning support assistant; special needs assistant; behavior support assistant/co-ordinator; pastoral welfare assistant; foundation stage assistant or team leader.
The Apprenticeship at level 3 comprises a Diploma, Functional Skills and completion of an employees Rights and Responsibility workbook (ERR).
At Level 3 the total minimum number of credits that an apprentice must attain on the Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) for this pathway is 59. This is achieved through completion of the Combined Knowledge and Competence qualification and
the Transferable Skills qualifications.
* Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
* School as organisation
* Support learning activities
* Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour
* Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
* Promote equality, diversity and
inclusion in work with children and young people
* Support assessment for learning
* Engage in personal development
* Support children and young people’s health & safety
* Understand child and young person development
* Understand how to safeguard the well-being of children and young people
Assessment will take place by regular observation in the workplace. Additional assessment will be through portfolio building of assignments, case studies, observation of children and work based activities.
For Advanced Apprenticeships There are no formal entry requirements, but candidates should be educated to level 2, must be working in the field and must be working over 30 hours per week. All candidates will need to undertake a literacy & numeracy assessment prior to starting the apprenticeship training.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vocational Training Services Care Sector Limited directly.