Barbering Level 2 Diploma at Harlow College
Barbering is an everlasting industry. It's an amazing product with lots of different career opportunities. Successful people in the industry can take their pick from many top jobs – such as running your own business, preparing models, working on magazines and photoshoots, in theatre and film, even tending to the rich and famous.
To achieve the full qualification you must complete nine mandatory units totallng 39 credits. The qualification comprises the following units of study:
- Working in the hair Industry
- Follow health and safety
- Client consultation
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Promote products and services to clients
- Cut men’s hair
- Cut facial hair
- Colour and lighten hair
A minimum of 13 credits from optional units:
- Provide perming services
- Display stock to promote sales in the salon
- Salon reception duties
- Styling men’s hair
- Scalp massage
- Create an Image based on a theme within the Hair and Beauty sector
Four GCSEs grades D & E. It is advantageous to have a grade D or above in English Language.
You will be assessed through observation, oral questions, online exams and witness testimonies.
Basic barbering equipment, uniform and textbook.
- Junior Stylist/Junior Barber (Intermediate Level)
- Advanced Level Hairdressing or Barbering
- Level 4 Management
- Preparing models, working on magazines and photoshoots, in theatre and film, even tending to the rich and famous.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harlow College directly.