Bricklaying Cskills Level 2 Diploma at Bedford College
This course will provide you with the training you will require to develop your skills and the experience to carry out bricklaying to industry standards.
During the course you will cover a range of topics, including:
- How to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- How to interpret working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Knowledge of and masonry cladding
- How to build solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- How to build cavity walling forming masonry structures.
To begin this course you will need to have completed a Bricklaying Level 1 Diploma with Functional Skills, or an equivalent level qualification in Brickwork.
Assessments will be carried out at the end of each unit.
This course could be free! You will be eligible if you are aged 19-24 on the 31st August of the year you are starting your course and are actively seeking employment and in receipt of a means tested benefit (such as job seekers, housing benefit, council tax benefit). Please note you will need to be able to produce evidence of the benefit in your name when you come to enrol.
On successful completion you could progress onto Brickwork Level 3. Alternatively you could progress into employment as a bricklayer. In addition you could collect work based evidence which can be converted into an NVQ Level 2.
To take part in this course you will be required to pay £20 for uniform/equipment and £20 for a course textbook to aid your studies. You will also need to pay £10 to attend educational event(s) that complement your course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bedford College directly.