Food Technology A-Level at The McAuley Catholic High School
The food industry is the largest employer in the country. Each week there are over 400 jobs advertised Nationally. There are four times as many jobs as there are food graduates from Sheffield Hallam University each year. The course is a good mix of practical, investigational and theory work, so if you enjoy making this is a good course for you.
Minimum of Grade ‘C’ or equivalent in Food Technology/Hospitality (if studied) but students who have grade ‘C’ in other Technology areas are welcome on the course by negotiation.
There are a huge range of degrees which link directly to Food Technology. Here are just a few examples:
- BSc (Honours) Food and Nutrition
- MSc Nutrition with Public Health Management
- BSc (Honours) Nutrition, Health and Lifestyles
- BSc (Honours) Food Marketing Management
- BSc (Honours) Public Health Nutrition
- BSc (Honours) Hospitality Business Management with Culinary Arts
- Working within the food production industry
- Environmental Health Officer
- Nutritionist and sports nutritionist
- Food Technology Teacher
- Events/Hospitality Management
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The McAuley Catholic High School directly.