Performing Engineering Operations (Mechanical) EMTA NVQ Award Level 1 at Doncaster College
This award is aimed at people new to the Engineering Industry who require qualifications in Electrical, Mechanical or Fabrication/Welding specialism.
The qualification recognises what a competent person is able to do at work. The course involves learning and developing the skills and knowledge needed to work in an engineering workshop environment. This course has a high practical content.
The course requires the completion of three mandatory and four optional assessment routes.
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
- Using and communicating technical information.
- Making components using hand tools and fitting techniques.
- Using lathes for turning operations.
- Using milling machines.
- Assembling mechanical components.
- 2 GCSEs grades G and above
- Entry Level 3 in Engineering
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an individual interview
The course is internally assessed through observation/practical/written assessment techniques.
This programme is aimed at people wanting to enter the industry, who require a basic qualification. However after further study there are wider job opportunities including craftsperson, technician, Technical engineering and project leader
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.