Information Technology BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Seevic College
This course would be beneficial to anyone who wishes to work in the innovative, exciting and fast-paced world of ICT.
Using a variety of communication skills, you'll gain an understanding of the skills employers want and how to adapt messages to your audience. You will also learn about the types of information held in the workplace.
This academic course includes a reasonable amount of employer engagement, manifested in live briefs and project work as well as Work Experience.
This qualification has been written in collaboration with Higher Education institutions and industry specialists to ensure that it is fully relevant to the ICT Industry, giving you clear progression routes.
- Communication and Employability Skills for IT
- Computer Systems
- Information Systems.
- Computer Systems
- Managing Networks
- Organisational Systems Security
- Computer Networks
- IT Technical Support
- Project Planning with IT
- Maintaining Computer Systems
- Website Production
- Installing and Upgrading Software
- Computer Animation
- 2D Animation Production
- Spreadsheet Modelling
- Impact of the Use of IT on Business Systems
- Communication Technologies.
General Entry Requirements
- Five GCSEs (minimum) Grade C/4 or above including English Language or Maths. If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa.
- A Level 2 BTEC Diploma or above and GCSE English Language or Maths at grade C/4 or above.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Grade C/4 or above in GCSE Maths
- Grade C/4 or above in GCSE English Language.
You will be assessed through both external exams and internal coursework units. Many of the coursework units are delivered using a project-based approach independently, in groups and, in some areas, in collaboration with a local company.
You will need access to a suitable PC. This does not need to be a high specification machine as there is access to these in college.
After completing this course you will be able to study a higher level qualification at college or a degree at university in this field.
You could also gain employment in the industry with the new practical skills you have learnt.Former student success
Many of our former students have gone on to university to study degree courses in related fields like Computer Science, Network Engineering, Web Design and Coding. Some students have gone on to Apprenticeships or taken jobs such as Trainee Support Technicians with local and London-based companies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Seevic College directly.