IT Level 2 Diploma at Stratford-upon-Avon College
Ideal if you want to gain a nationally-recognised qualification in IT (Computing).
The Level 2 course aims to provide:
- New and interesting developments in this area; testing and developing new apps
- An opportunity to learn a range of relevant digital skills using animation techniques, modelling and creating characters for games and apps
- Both practical and theory skills to allow progression on to Level 3 qualifications
This course also includes functional skills and the opportunity to re-sit GCSE Maths and English. Exciting developments include the opportunity to work together on real working projects from clients and a new learning company exists to help you work on entrepreneurial skills in the area of IT.
You will need to have at least:
- 2 GCSEs at grade D / grade 3 or above including English Language, or;
- 2 GCSEs at grade D / grade 3 or above and Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English, or;
- Level 1 qualification in a relevant vocational subject and either GCSE English Language at grade D / grade 3 or above or Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English.
Mature students without formal qualifications who show commitment to the subject area may be able to join the course following a successful interview.
Units are assessed in a variety of ways including case studies, assignments and projects. You will also build a portfolio of ideas using an ideas generation booklet, which is yours to develop over the course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stratford-upon-Avon College directly.