English Literature A Level at Waingels College
Students will study a range of texts, exploring the genre of tragedy, political, social and protest writing. The theories that have been written about these genres and connections are comparisons between texts:
- Two plays (‘Othello’ and ‘Death of a Salesman’)
- A set of poems (by John Keats)
- A novel (‘Remains of the Day’)
- Two modern novels (‘The Kiterunner’ and ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’)
- A set of poems by William Blake
Students also conduct an independent analysis of two texts.
Standard entry requirements plus a Grade 6 in both English Language and English Literature.
Exam (80%),Non exam assessment (20%)
English provides skills for many subjects and careers, including: Law, Journalism, Teaching, Politics, Philosophy, Marketing, Business and many more.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Waingels College directly.