Music A-Level at Bristol Brunel Academy
Deepen your understanding of music that you love. Discover great music that's new to you. Share your performing skills on the stage. Create imaginative original work.
- Performing: Solo work / group work / creating music using technology.
- Composing: Developing your skills in any style that you wish to work in.
- Influences on Music: Analysing a classical symphony, developing aural awareness, choice of specialist area between musicals, baroque choral music & British popular music.
- Performing: Solo recital or technology options.
- Composing: Developing and extending original ideas.
- Music in Context: Analysing a 20th Century Symphony, developing aural awareness, choice of specialist area between Blues and Jazz & 20th Century English Choral Music.
A* to B in GCSE Music
Distinction in BTEC Music
The ability to read music is essential.
Minimum Academic Standard for Progression into Y13
Entry into Y13 is not automatic in CLF Post 16.
The majority of students will continue into Y13 dependent on the entry criteria for courses as outlined below:
For A levels, all students must attain a minimum academic standard of passing all subjects with at least two D grades for successful progression in to Y13.
Supportive statements from subject teachers confirming suitability for continued study at A level. Following receipt of AS results, students who have met the entry requirements will be offered a place in Y13.
Students who do not meet the entry requirements into Y13 will be given guidance about a change of study programme and relevant courses available. They will not be allowed to re-sit the same core learning aims (i.e. subjects) as they did in Y12.
40% Performance coursework
30% Composition coursework
BA/BMus (Hons) – university degree; Access to BIMM and other music colleges; careers in the music industry.
Music performance; composition; education; sales; studio work; therapy; publishing; management; administration.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bristol Brunel Academy directly.