Maths A Level at Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys
We focus on developing students as independent learners; working on their ability to analyse and solve problems.
They use these skills to evaluate and model solutions for situations in the real world.
Throughout the course we give students the opportunity to explore the best use of their logic and create their own personalised approach when answering a question.
Core Maths 1 / Core Maths 2
- The Core modules are predominantly based on algebra but include some shape work and numerical methods.
- Core 1 refreshes students with Higher GCSE algebra skills and develops them further.
- Statistics involves handling data. It develops work at GCSE, including averages, spread, correlation and probability.
Core Maths 3
- We now take a look at using advanced functions in algebra and develop towards further trigonometry.
Core Maths 4
- Core 4 brings algebra into the 3rd dimension and uses the skills learnt in ..
- Decision Maths analyses the use of Algorithms and Networks. This module is particularly useful for those students who have an interest in computer programming.
Grade B GCSE Maths
- AS Level: 100% Examination.
- A2 Level: 100% Examination
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys directly.