Geography A Level at Accrington St Christopher's Church of England High School
Geography is a 21st century subject, for students who are interested in the dynamics of the modern world and how the people within are changing it. Recent current events have again highlighted the importance of the subject on a global scale. Geographers are taught to combine the study of natural processes and human interactions, and the subject can provide the vital bridge between 'humanities' and 'sciences'. Descriptive, analytical and evaluative skills are also taught. There are opportunities to experience the subject both in the classroom and through fieldwork as well.
Students should have achieved at least a grade B at GCSE Geography.
- Are interested in current affairs
- Have a concern for the environment and the people within
- Enjoy travel and exploring new places, people, landscapes and events
- Enjoy their learning with a passion
- Geography is classed as a key 'facilitating subject' by top, Russell Group universities.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Accrington St Christopher's Church of England High School directly.