Childrens Play, Learning & Development BTEC Level 3 at Bishop Milner Catholic College
The BTEC Level 3 in Children’s Play, Learning and Development have been designed for students aged 16 and over, who wish to explore the early years’ sector.It has been developed to:• reflect recent thinking in the sector, such as the Tickell report (2011), which highlights the benefits of play for children and the particular importance of the first few years of a child’s life, with the focus in the BTEC Level 3 on the birth up to 8 years age range• reflect the requirements of employers in the sector and Higher Education Institutions• give learners the opportunity to achieve a nationally recognised level 3 qualification, which will develop their transferable skills, including analytical writing, the ability to synthesise knowledge and personal organisational skills.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 3 National Award in Children’s Play, Learning and Development
• Provides an introduction to the sector
• is equivalent to one A level in terms of size
• can be taken alongside A levels
• contains five units in tota
l1. Child developments* (External examination)
2. Play in early years settings (Internal assessment)
3. Meeting children’s physical development, physical care and health needs (Internal assessment)
4. Health and Safety practice in early years settings (Internal assessment5. Collaboration with parents, colleagues and other professionals in early years (Internal assessment)Literacy and numeracy skills are vital for students who may become practitioners and educate children themselves.
5 A* - C GCSE Passes
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bishop Milner Catholic College directly.