Design and Technology: Product Design A Level at Lampton Academy
The Product Design industry is a rapidly growing area. It is exciting, innovative and creative with the possibilities for a range of careers.This course consists of 4 units.
- AS Unit 1: Materials, Components and Application
- AS Unit 2: Learning Through Designing and Making
- A2 Unit 3: Design and Manufacture
- A2 Unit 4: Design and Making Practice
GCSE Resistant Materials, Product Design or Graphics Grade C and above.
AS Unit 1: Materials, Components and Application
- Based on primarily on Materials and Components and consisting of three sections.
- Weighting: 50% of AS (25% of A-Level)
- Externally Assessed
- 2 Hour Exam
AS Unit 2: Learning Through Designing and Making
- Coursework may take a number of forms: a simple design and make project, two smaller projects or a portfolio of work.
- Internally assessed
- Weighting: 50% of AS (25% of A-level)
A2 Unit 3: Design and Manufacture
- Based primarily on Design and Manufacture and consisting of two sections.
- 2 Hour Exam
- Weighting: 25% of A-level
A2 Unit 4: Design and Making Practice
- Candidates submit evidence of a simple, substantial design and making activity.
- Weighting: 25% of A-Level
Courses in Higher Education which lead on from this course:
- Product Design
- Furniture Design
- Interior Design
- Industrial Design
- Materials Science
- Graphic Design
- Art and Design
- Computer Graphics
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lampton Academy directly.