Design and Technology: Fashion and Textiles A Level (Block E) at Walton High School
The full A level in Fashion and Textiles is a 2 year course with a NEA [ non exam element] and two examinations taken at the end of the second year.
- Those who are excited by current fashion trends and new technologies
- Those who are considering a future career within interior design, fashion buying, marketing, fashion design, fabric design, retail, fashion journalism and fabric technologist
- Provides the opportunity for students to continue to develop their own creativity through a range of technological activities.
A level Fashion and Textiles is taught in a well equipped textiles suite. The staff are enthusiastic about the course and the most current textiles and IT equipment has been provided for the students.
The department has a proven record of excellent results in this specialism.
Students need to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding in both designing and making tasks. The technical information and specific techniques are taught through practical application.
5 GCSE’s at A* - C (ideally including Design & Technology – Textiles or Art and Design but not essential)
Non exam element
- Practical application - design portfolio and photographic evidence of final prototype
- Core technical principles and core designing and making prnciples
- Specialist knowledge of design and making principles
- Product Analysis and commercial manufacture
Please select one subject per option block (A, B, C, D and E - listed in Course Title) to ensure there is no clash on your timetable.
By and large most students will follow 3 academic A Levels plus will have the opportunity to add to this with the Extended Project and our Enrichment Programme.
A few students may be able to follow a 4th A Level with advice from our Sixth Form Management team.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Walton High School directly.