Sociology at Moor End Academy
Why choose Sociology?
- Students develop a wide range of knowledge and understanding about society, and how sociologists study and understand its structures, processes and issues.
- Sociology is exciting, interesting and relevant to students' lives. This specification encourages students to take a questioning approach to evidence and issues, thus developing their critical, evaluation skills.
- A simplified specification, with no tiering and no coursework requirements.
- This specification has been developed to enable a smooth progression to A/S and A-Level Sociology, students will be well prepared when moving on to advanced level study.
Unit 1: Studying Society; Education; Families
- Written Paper (1 hour 30 minutes - 90 marks/50% of overall grade) contains three compulsory topic areas: Topic 1 - Candidates answer all questions. Topic 2: and 3 - Candidates answer six compulsory questions and one question from a choice of two.
Unit 2: Crime and Deviance; Mass Media; Power; Social Inequality
- Written Paper (1 hour 30 minutes - 90 marks/50% of overall grade) candidates choose three topic areas from four options. For each topic area chosen, candidates answer six compulsory questions and one question from a choice of two.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.