Painting and Decorating Level 1 at Hull College Group
With support of specialist painting and decorating staff, working in an outstanding, modern and well-equipped workshop, you will develop your decorating skills applying finishes to a variety of wall backgrounds.
- Health and Safety
- Apply Paint System by Brush
- Apply Paint System by Roller
- Working Platforms - Tower Rigs
- Maths and English
- No formal qualifications are required although you must have an interest in the construction industry.
- Students who do not have English as their first language will need ESOL at Level 1.
70% Practical and 30% Theory.
All assessment is on-going, and is divided into practical and job knowledge, plus an end external examination for each unit.
Students will be required to provide their own boots, overalls and stationery equipment. Safety footwear must be worn in all workshops. We do not allow the use of safety trainers except in painting and decorating where this is appropriate.
Students will also be required to purchase a Hull College polo shirt for the course (approx. £8). Information regarding this will be provided at interview.
Successful completion will allow progression on to the Level 2 Painting and Decorating.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hull College Group directly.