Introduction to the Rail Industry - Level 2 (Full-Time) at Newcastle College
The government has planned £37.5 billion investment over the next five years in the rail industry.
This is a 1 year programme which offers a thorough grounding in Railway Engineering and will provide knowledge and practical applications to enable progression either into employment or a level 3 programme in Railway Engineering.
- Introduction to Railway Environment
- Railway Safety skills / General H+S skills
- Railway Tools + Plant skills / General Engineering Tool Skills
- Railway Maintenance activities
- Railway Communication Procedures
- Preparing for a career in the Railway Industry or progression to a level 3 programme
- Employment Rights
- Railway Engineering Principles
- 5 GCSE’s at A*- D: Maths and English must be included or mature entry
- Successful completion of Diagnostic/Aptitude tests
- Successful completion of Interview
Written report writing, practical observations, simulated rail scenarios, experiments, verbal questions and multiple choice online examination.
Successful students may progress onto Level 3 Diploma in Installation and Maintenance of Engineering Assets or an approved apprenticeship programme, subject to satisfactory reference from Level 2 tutor.
Mature students may progress into employment in the rail industry as a track operative
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Newcastle College directly.