Physical Education - A Level at Bourne Grammar School
Course content and aims:
The syllabus is concerned with the study of Physical Education and Sport through a number of disciplines, focusing on the following aspects in detal:
- Applied exercise physiology, Skill Acquisition and Opportunities for Participation.
- Candidates perform, analyse and evaluate the execution of core skills/techniques in isolation and in structured practice in two of the following roles: practical performer, official or coach/leader.
- The application of hysiological, biomechanical and psychological knowledge to optimise performance.
- Evaluation of contemporary influences in sport and their impact on the performer.
- Candidates perform, analyse and evaluate relevant core skills/techniques as a practical performer, official or coach/leader within a fully competitive situation. candidates also identify weaknesses and suggest causes and appropriate corrective measures.
Grade B or above in GCSE PE if studied or grade B or above in GCSE biology (or grade B or above in biology 2 component of GCSE Additional Science). Applicants must also be able to demonstrate a high-level of performance in one of the activities on the AQA A Level syllabus.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bourne Grammar School directly.