Floristry Diploma Level 2 at St Helens College
By choosing to study floristry, you'll be working in our very own Flower Studio, creating floral designs, arrangements and hand tied bouquets.
You'll study floristry for weddings, funerals and large events and will also be completing work experience in the industry, giving you real, hands-on experience of what working in the sector is like.
During this course, you will cover the following units:
- Introduction to art and design
- Identifying, checking and monitoring the quality of incoming cut materials
- Identifying and maintaining the condition of plants and planted designs
- Planning, preparing and constructing tied floristry designs
- Planning, preparing and constructing funeral designs
- Planning, preparing and constructing arrangements
- Planning, preparing and constructing wedding designs with floral material
- Displaying of floristry goods
- Introduction to working in the industry
- Introduction to function decorating using floral displays
In addition to the above units, you will also cover:
- Functional skills in maths and English (dependent on grade)
- Personal tutor and career education sessions
- Employability and enterprise sessions
- Work related experience
- Enrichment opportunities
You don't need any prior qualifications to start this course, just a keen interest in floristry and a good level of English and maths.
English and maths forms an important part of your future, ensuring you achieve the best success in your chosen career. But don't worry, if you haven't got the desired grades, we will still have a course available for you.
You will be assessed by assignments and an online multiple choice exam.
If you are a school leaver, aged 16-18, (under the age of 19 on or before 31st August 2016), you do not pay tuition fees or examination and registration fees and may be eligible for additional support depending on your financial situation.
Once you have completed this course, you will have a real understanding of the floristry industry and may choose to progress onto the level 3 diploma to expand your skills and knowledge.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Helens College directly.