Accessibility links

Photography A Level at Dronfield Henry Fanshawe School

Course description

You will be encouraged to develop your own photographic style, building up on the foundation skills acquired at GCSE. In-depth research into photographers and techniques will provide development of ideas and your own distinct approach. You will foster your creativity and skills through open ended projects, group workshops and regular one to one tutorials with constructive written feedback. You will be encouraged to experiment and to be innovative by exploring new, and traditional techniques and processes. This includes both digital and traditional film processes.

Course content

Assessed in components, each piece of work being part of the final grade. The A-level is designed to be taken over 2 years. The units will cover a range of photographic styles and genres and offer students the opportunity to experiment with a broad range of techniques and processes. These include digital manipulation, dark room practice, experimental photographic techniques and sketchbook development. It is suggested that you purchase a digital SLR camera in preparation for the course. More information on where to purchase these can be found from the department.

Assessment

This is a two year course that will allow you to explore and experiment for the first year, introducing you to many techniques, process whilst studying the work of both contemporary and historical photographers. You will be assessed in the second year; Component 1 is the personal investigation, which forms 60% of the A level grade. Component 2 is the externally set assignment, which forms the remaining 40%.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Dronfield Henry Fanshawe School directly.

Last updated date: 08 September 2016

Key information

Venues