Business Adminisatration and Secretarial Level 2 Diploma at Eastleigh College
If you would like to acquire Business Administration and Secretarial skills, which will help you to get work in an office, then this course is for you.
During this one year Business Administration and Secretarial course you will develop a wide range of administrative skills, which will certainly help you to enhance your job prospects!
The lecturers who will teach you are well qualified and have a wide experience of business, commerce and industry. They will encourage you with your studies and help you to acquire business and administrative skills. Your lecturers will also help you develop key employment skills such as communication, customer service and using ICT (Word, Spreadsheets, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.)
Further exams and learning are available through an approved Microsoft platform.
The course involves assignment work, work experience, employability activities (such as carrying out surveys) and some exams in the following units.
QCF Administration (Business Professional) Suite DIPLOMA at Level 2
- Written business documents
- Supporting recruitment and selection procedures
- Career planning in administration
- Working in administration
- Organise meetings
- Organising business travel and accommodation
- Communicate with customers
- Teamwork in administration
- Financial Transactions
- Handling diary systems
- Handling mail
You will undertake additional qualifications as follows:-
-Functional skills - English, Maths and ICT at level 1
Work experience placements may require students to plan and organise their own travel, this part of the necessary development and preparation for employment.
The course is designed to give 16 hours+ tuition per week with 1 weeks work experience.
- You should be keen and enthusiastic and you should hold, as a minimum, 3 GCSEs at A*-D grades in English and Maths (ICT desirable).
- We would also like to see a satisfactory school report and you will have to complete a successful college interview and initial literacy and numeracy test.
- Any Student without an A*-C grade in English or Maths will be required to continue study in this area either through GCSE or functional skills, the pathway followed dependent on the grade achieved at GCSE, screening and intended progression.
This course is of a very practical nature with time being spent on gaining essential keyboarding, secretarial and administrative skills. You will need to allow time to work on your assignments independently.
- Text Production
- Speed typing
- Business Presentations
- Document Presentation
- Mail merge
Once you have successfully completed your course you will be able to progress to
- Business Administration & Secretarial Level 3 course at Eastleigh College
- Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 3.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.