Children and Young People's Workforce Level 2 at People And Business Development Ltd
This qualification will suit anyone who wants to start working in a wide range of children and young people’s settings covering the age range 0-19 years.
The Level 2 Certificate is a generic qualification, which is relevant across the whole of the Children and Young People’s Workforce. It is seen mainly as a bridging qualification towards the Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification, but it does confer occupational competence to work under supervision and it enables practitioners to count towards the 50% Level 2 requirement identified in the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage.
The Level 2 Certificate carries 35 credits. To achieve it, candidates must achieve 31 credits from the 13 mandatory units listed below, and a further four credits which they achieve by choosing between one and three optional units.
- Introduction to communication
- Introduction to personal development
- Introduction to equality and inclusion
- Child and young person development
- Contribute to the support of child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Contribute to children and young people’s health and safety
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
- Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Paediatric emergency first aid
- Managing paediatric illness and injury
Those who achieve the Certificate can either progress to a Level 3 Diploma or take additional optional units by way of continuing professional development. They can develop their career in the following areas:
- Early Years
- Health and Social Care
- Teaching and education welfare
- Youth and community work
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact People And Business Development Ltd directly.