Uniformed Public Services BTEC Level 3 Diploma 90 at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
This one year course with extremely high standards is designed to provide a expert knowledge of various subjects relating to the Public Services.
This Course is designed to give students the opportunity to gain an in-depth knowledge of what a career in the Public Services can offer. You will develop skills that will help you be successful.
To be successful in this industry, it is important to have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to communicate with a range of people, have a commitment to develop your own personal qualities, be enthusiastic, energetic and have a keen interest in developing skills and techniques.
There is a uniform that is compulsory for this course.
The study programme has three compulsory aspects:
- Public Services aspect: Units such as Government, policies and the Public Services, Leadership and teamwork in the Public Services, Discipline in the Public Services.
- Literacy/Numeracy enhancement: You will take part in a personalised literacy and numeracy development programme.
- Employability programme: A range of activities that will enhance your chances of employment after the course.
- GCSE: At least 4, graded A*-C including English and maths
- BTEC: BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Public Services at Merit Level (or related subject)
- Assessment in English and maths is required.
- Compulsory attendance at a Public Services Information Event.
- Applicants must also attend a taster day which is usually at the beginning of July.
Continual assessment throughout the year and a number of assignments both written and practical. Students are required to complete a portfolio containing evidence of assignments, practical performance, presentations, group exercises and discussions.
There will be an exam for the literacy and numeracy enhancement aspect of the course.
There will be a cost for uniform which is to be confirmed. All additional trips and visits must be paid for prior to the event. More information will be available at the course experience event.
Students who have a good student profile throughout the year may have the opportunity to progress on to our Level 3 Extended Diploma study programme, whilst others may wish to enter employment. The course also carries UCAS points and is a recognised route into Higher Education.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.