French A Level at Ysgol Gyfun Penweddig
- Through studying Modern Languages students are offered the opportunity to develop their language skills further and extend their awareness of society in the relevant foreign country.
- In order to compete in a gradually more global world our young people benefit from linguistic opportunities and international contacts.
- A broad range of skills are developed, such as written and oral communication, research skills, working with others, IT, organisational and skills of analysis.
- The A level curriculum offers units which are of interest to young people eg Film Studies.
- Students within the Department have achieved high standards at A level, being above the National Average.
- It is possible to study languages at Higher Education level in a variety of combinations. Traditionally students would study a language at Single or Double Honours, now due to demand from employers and students, many course combinations are offered eg.
Law, Marketing, Mathematics, Film Studies, Classics, Sports Science, Politics, Translation, Music.
- Universities in Wales and England offer new and interesting courses, which fulfill the demands of the world of work.
- Pupils who are interested in studying Journalism, Business/Marketing, The Diplomatic Service, Medicine, Engineering, Tourism or Education are encouraged to study Modern Languages.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Gyfun Penweddig directly.