BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Art and Design at The John Henry Newman RC School
• You will develop your skills in drawing, painting and
design in both two and three dimensions.
• You will be introduced to a much wider range of materials
and techniques in order to develop your creative skills.
• Your thinking skills as well as your practical skills will
be developed and enhanced, as will your organisational
skills, due to the fact that you will be working on more
than one brief at any one time; this allows for cross-
fertilisation of ideas and therefore more exciting outcomes.
• You will work on drawing, painting, graphics, jewellery,
fashion and textiles projects as well as, in Year 13,
designing your own brief as part of your final end of year
• Your knowledge of a wider range of artists, designers and
craftpeople will be enhanced through your studies on this
Five Grade C or above passes at GCSE, including grade B in Art/Graphics
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The John Henry Newman RC School directly.