Business Studies AS/A2 Level at Havelock Academy
Business is front-page news. The way companies operate is under greater scrutiny than ever before, while TV programmes like The Apprentice and Dragon’s Den have raised the profile of Business to a new generation. The new AQA specifications bring the subject up-to-date, enabling students to engage with, explore and understand business behaviour and develop a critical understanding of what business is and does.
The AS course includes the following topics.
1. What is business?
2. Managers, leadership and decision making.
3. Decision making to improve marketing performance.
4. Decision making to improve operational performance.
5. Decision making to improve financial performance.
6. Decision making to improve human resource performance.
The A-level incorporates the same six topics as AS, plus the following additional topics:
1. Analysing the strategic position of a business.
2. Choosing strategic direction.
3. Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies.
4. Managing strategic change.
5 GCSEs including English and mathematics at grade A*-C. Business Studies GCSE preferred.
There are literally thousands of Business related BA (Hons) degree courses at university, including, Marketing, Event Management, Finance, Human Resources and Economics.
If you wish to study financial services at a higher level you may be interested in applying for the IFS BSc (Hons) in Banking Practice and Management, a unique and specialist professional degree programme that provides unparalleled preparation for a career in financial services management.
These can all lead to careers in Finance, accountancy, banking and business sectors.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havelock Academy directly.