Economics at Carshalton Boys Sports College
The aim of Economics is to:
• develop an interest and enthusiasm for economics and its contribution to the wider economic and social environment
• develop an understanding of a range of concepts and acquire an ability to use these concepts in a variety of different contexts
• develop an enquiring, critical and thoughtful ‘economist’s mind’
• practise skills, qualities and attitudes which will equip them for the challenges, opportunities and responsibilities of adult and working life.
• develop an understanding of current economic issues, problems and institutions that affect everyday life
• apply economic concepts and theories in a range of contexts and appreciate their value and limitations in explaining real world phenomena
•analyse, explain and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the market economy and the role of government within it.
At AS, this specification will enable candidates to develop an understanding of, and an insight into, micro and macroeconomics:
• The operation of markets and market failure
• The national economy in a global context
At A2, this specification will enable candidates to develop an understanding of and
an insight into, micro and macroeconomics:
• Individuals, firms, markets and market failure
• The national and international economy
Grade B in English Language, Grade B in Mathematics.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carshalton Boys Sports College directly.
Last updated date: 05 September 2016