Early Years Education and Care CACHE Level 2 at Banbury and Bicester College
This qualification prepares you to work with children from birth and five years, and includes knowledge of working with children up to seven years.
The following are mandatory units:
• support physical care routines for children
• an introduction to the role of the early years practitioner
• understand how to work in partnership
• understand legislation relating to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
• use legislation relating to the health and safety of children
• use legislation relating to equality, diversity and inclusive practice
• understand how to plan to meet the needs of the developing child
• supporting children’s play
• support children's play in early years
• support the needs of the child in preparing for school
• supporting children's development
• use observation, assessment and planning
• support children’s positive behaviour
• engage in professional development.
The qualification also includes four optional units:
• healthy lifestyles for children through the provision of food and nutrition
• healthy lifestyles for children through exercise
• supporting children with additional needs
• supporting creative play.
Completion of this qualification is achieved through a combination of classroom-based learning and experience in the workplace.
All the units within this qualification are vocationally based, directly helping you gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required to work to work with children between birth and 5 years, with knowledge of children up to 7 years.
4 GCSEs grade D (including English & maths)
This qualification provides you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to enter the workforce, working under supervision within early
years settings, in a variety of roles such as:
• nursery assistant
• classroom assistant
• pre-school assistant.
If you are looking to continue studying after completion of this qualification, the CACHE Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care (QCF) provides you with the knowledge and skills to work with children from birth and five years, and knowledge of working with children up to seven years to progress to the:
CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (Early Years Educator) (VRQ)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Banbury and Bicester College directly.