Economics *FEES PAYABLE* at Hurstpierpoint College
Economics has thus long been considered the choice subject of many of society's leaders, like Kofi Annan (Former Secretary General of the United Nations), Steve Ballmer (CEO of Microsoft), Cate Blanchett (Actress), Barbara Boxter (US Senator) Andrew Strauss (England Cricket Captain), Meg Whitman (CEO Ebay Technologies) to name only a few.
By studying Economics at Hurst you will:
- develop an understanding and appreciation of economic concepts and theories through a critical evaluation of current economic issues, problems and the institutions that affect everyday life.
- apply economic concepts and theories in a range of real life and abstract contexts and to appreciate their value and limitations in explaining real world phenomena.
- develop your skills in written communication and analysis using diagrams and statistics.
- gain an understanding of how to participate effectively in society as a citizen, producer and consumer.
At Hurst, Economics is taught in the spirit of enquiry and challenge, but with a large focus on debate and argument backed by rigorous analysis.
We follow the A level Edexcel Economics course. This is taught in a simple 2 Unit per year structure:
- Macroeconomics and Microeconomics in LVI.
- Business Economics and Global Economics in UVI.
Understanding Economics necessitates a good level of numeracy and language skills. Thus, our entry requirements are a minimum of B grade at GCSE Mathematics and English.
Fees may be charged for this course
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hurstpierpoint College directly.