Fine Art UAL Level 2 Diploma at Guildford College
This course has been designed to provide you with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to progress to further study and training in a range of art and design subjects, including fine art, photography, graphic design, fashion, textiles, product design and others.
You will be expected to use the skills, knowledge and understanding you have learning and apply these to more complex and demanding contexts.
The qualifications will provide you with:
- An introductory experience to some of the materials, methods, processes and technical skills that support art and design activity.
- An introductory understanding of the context in which art and design activity is located.
- An opportunity to test their interest in art and design activity.
- Development of an awareness of the value of research to support art and design activity.
- An introduction to drawing skills necessary to support creative activity in art and design.
- An understanding of the role of communication skills in the development of ideas.
- An opportunity to use the knowledge, understanding and skills developed in previous units to identify, research and produce a personal art and design project.
- Introduction to materials, processes and technical skills in art & design
- Introduction to contextual research in art & design
- Introduction to drawing skills
- Introduction to communication skills in art & design
- Solving 2D creative problems
- Solving 3D creative problems
- Solving time-based creative problems
- Developing and producing a personal project in art & design - Level 2
4 GCSEs at grade D or above, including Maths, English and an Art related subject
You will be assessed through internal and external assessments.
You could progress onto a Level 3 Diploma in Art and Design.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Guildford College directly.