Business Introduction BTEC Level 1 Diploma at Lambeth College
If you think you have what it takes to build a business and to be your own boss then a course at Lambeth College could be your first step on the road to success.
You will study the management of organisations and the changing environments in which they operate, and learn the key business principles with the opportunity to apply your own creative and entrepreneurial flair.
You will study the following topics:
- Employee rights and employer responsibilities at work
- Activities and tasks routinely undertaken by administrators
- Communicating electronically and using the internet securely
- Making and receiving calls correctly
- Welcoming visitors and customer service
- Handling mail efficiently and securely
- Creating business documents using formal communication styles
- Recording business transactions i.e., completing order forms for office supplies
- Supporting business meetings - room set up and completing follow-up activities (action points)
- Job opportunities in business administration, the qualifications and skills needed and terms and conditions of employment
- Managing your health at work
You will be required to complete a College initial and diagnostic assessment and have an interview.
In the assessment you will need to achieve a minimum of Entry Level 3 in English or Maths.
You will be expected to have 4 GCSEs at E grade or above, or equivalent qualifications, and have a commitment to study Maths and English to Level 1.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lambeth College directly.