Caring for Children (Level 1) at Central College Nottingham
This course is aimed at you if you want to develop life skills and gain an understanding of the skills and knowledge needed to care for young children. It will also include personal and social development skills and units, plus English and Maths. There may be opportunities for you to attend childcare placements whilst on this course, but this will be dependent on attitude and performance.
Subjects / Modules include:
- Children’s development
- Children and play
- Supporting babies to play
- Respecting and valuing children
- Health and safety
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades D-G including English Language and Maths
- A relevant Entry 3 qualification, plus you will need to complete an English and Maths assessment to determine the right course and support for you.
Adults who are aged 19+ without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
Assessment for all units is by assignment.
Further study options include:
- Cache Level 2 Diploma in Childcare and Education
- Apprenticeship in Children and Young People
To progress onto the above courses, you must have successfully achieved GCSE Maths and English at grade D.
To support your application we will ask you to bring in a school report.
If you attend a work placement you will be expected to pay for the Disclosure and Barring Service check (approximately £45) and fund your travel expenses to and from your placement.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.