Accessibility links

Additional Applied Science - GCSE at St James's C E High School

Course description

Additional Applied Science is a one-year GCSE course which you can do in Year 11. It allows you to learn about the work of different types of people who use science and the scientific skills they use. You are given the opportunity to study the application of science in:- • the food industry • the forensic service • sport and leisure The course consists of two pieces of coursework together worth 60% and an exam making up the remainder 40%. This leads to a GCSE qualification; the full range of grades is available. IMPORTANT: The course prepares you to take a practical route through further learning, and you should be aware that it is not appropriate if you plan to take traditional science A-Levels.

How to apply

You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.

Last updated date: 20 May 2014
Provider logo

Key information

  • Start date: Next September
  • Duration: 2 years

Venues