Law at St Mary's College
Aims of the course
· Provide a grounding in the main principles of English law and their
· Develop knowledge and understanding of the structure, personnel and
functions of the English Legal System and, for Advanced GCE, of one
area of English substantive law, which will be Criminal Law
· Develop an understanding of legal method and reasoning
· Develop the techniques of logical thinking, and skills necessary to analyse
and solve problems by applying legal rules
· Develop a critical awareness of the changing nature of law in society
· Develop the ability to communicate legal arguments and conclusions
clearly and succinctly with reference to appropriate legal authority.
No prior learning is necessary, but a GCSE in English of grade C or above (or
equivalent) is recommended.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Mary's College directly.