Sport & Active Leisure BTEC Level 1 Diploma at South Cheshire College
This course will help you get skills which will help you at work, as well as developing your abilities in sports and active leisure pursuits. It includes learning about how the body works and planning your own fitness programme, as well as leading a sports and active leisure activity and carrying out a group project. Other units include job opportunities in sport and active leisure, physical activities for children and personal and social development.
The course covers the following units:
- Investigating Rights and Responsibilities at Work
- Risks and Hazards in Sport and Active Leisure
- Taking part in Exercise and Fitness
- How the Body Works
- Planning Own Fitness Programme
- Leading a Sports and Active Leisure Activity
- Working in Sport and Active Leisure
- Sport and Active Leisure Group Project
- Job Opportunities in Sport and Active Leisure
- Personal and Social Development - Work Skills Units:
Optional acitivites include work placements, volunteering opportunities with Cheshire East Sport Development, participating in the Coaching and Leadership Academy and working as a Student Ambassador.
There are no formal entry requirements. However, applicants should demonstrate a passion for the subject and acquire industry experience during the course
Sport BTEC Level 2 Diploma or Public Services BTEC Level 2 Diploma. Coaching Teaching and Instructing Football - NVQ Level 2.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Cheshire College directly.