Btec Business Level 3 Extended Certificate at Wetherby High School
The course can be started by anyone – you don’t have to have studies Business GCSE to start. The course leads on to University course in a range of different Business options and also can result in direct access to Business through apprenticeship. The knowledge, understanding and skills learnt in studying a BTEC First will aid progression to further study and prepare learners to enter the workplace in due course. In the business sector, learners would be aiming to move into entry-level roles, such as assistants in business administration, marketing, finance, human resources, sales and customer service. Equivalent in size to one A Level.
AS Unit Overview
Exploring Business (internally assessed coursework)
In this introductory unit, learners study the purposes of different businesses, their structure, the effect of the external environment, and how they need to be dynamic and innovative to survive.
Developing a marketing campaign (externally assessed coursework)
• A task set and marked by Pearson (Exam board) and completed under supervised conditions.
• Learners will be provided with a case study two weeks before a supervised assessment period in order to carry out research.
A2 Unit Overview
Unit 3: Personal and Business Finance (exam)
Learners study the purpose and importance of personal and business finance. They will develop the skills and knowledge needed to understand, analyse and prepare financial information.
Other optional unit out of: (internally assessed coursework)
- Recruitment and Selection Process
- Investigating Customer Service
- Market Research
- The English Legal System
- Work Experience in Business
AS Assessment Overview
Exploring Business – Internally assessed assignment
Developing a marketing campaign – controlled assessment externally marked
- The supervised assessment period is a maximum of three hours and can be arranged over a number of sessions in a period timetabled by Pearson (Exam board).
- Written submission.
- 70 marks.
A2 Assessment Overview
Written examination set by Pearson.
- 2 hours.
- 100 marks.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.