Bricklaying Level 2 Diploma at North Hertfordshire College
Our construction courses include lots of opportunities for you to get hands-on experience of the world of work, including:
- Work experience with businesses like Willmott Dixon, CEC Electrical and Heat Safe Ltd
- Opportunities to enter WorldSkills competitions to showcase your skills against the best students from around the world
- Engagement with guest speakers from businesses like Willmott Dixon
- Access to free training, tools and an opportunity to work in construction through dry lining specialist, Grays, thanks to NHC’s partnership with the Construction Skills Academy.
Brickwork: you’ll learn how to draw and follow building plans, use machinery to cut materials to size, erect scaffolding, as well as lay and damp-proof foundations for a range of different structures. There is plenty of variety in this trade - the work will
both indoors and outdoors, up high-rise structures and even down tunnels.
Through this course you’ll learn about:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Interpreting working drawings to set our masonry structures
- Constructing cavity walling to form masonry structures.
A level 1 qualification in a relevant subject area, passed with Merit or Distinction grade - plus maths and English grade D or above, or functional skills level 1 maths and English.
This course is assessed through assignments, projects, practical and online tests. You’ll only sit exams if you’re also doing maths or English GCSE or functional skills
Price on application.
There are no tuition fees for students aged 16-18 years.
If you are over 18, please speak to a client advisor.
Possible charges for any trips, visits, materials and uniform if required offered during the year will be independent of the tuition fees or any other student finance. Financial help may be available for these costs, please contact Student Services for more information.
Having successfully completed this course, you’ll be able to progress to:
- Level 3 courses including level 3 diploma in bricklaying
- Paid employment in the sector.
Please visit our website for further information - www.nhc.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Hertfordshire College directly.