Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment) City & Guilds 2357-13 Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 Diploma at Carshalton College
This course is suitable for those already working in the industry wishing to gain this qualification to achieve JIB grading.
The Advanced Apprenticeship City & Guilds 2357-13 Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment) Level 3 is designed to provide new entrants, and those seeking progression in their careers, with the opportunity to develop the skills necessary to carry out job roles and responsibilities associated with the installation and maintenance of Electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment.
This qualification is available at Level 3 only, which is the level that the Electrotechnical industry recognises learners as having achieved the competence required to carry out the role.
The framework requirements are:
- City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment) (C&G 2357-13)
- Ensure safe electrical site working
- Prepare to install electrical wiring systems, wiring enclosures and equipment
- Install electric wiring systems, wiring enclosures and equipment
- Connect wiring systems and equipment using safe and approved methods
- Inspect, test and commission an electrical installation
- Diagnose and correct electrical faults
- Provide technical and functional information to relevant people
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment
- AM2 - Competency test
- Regulations concerning the installation of electrical circuits and equipment in building & structures.
- Associated practical, competence and technology
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT
Candidates must have five GCSEs at Grades A-C to include Maths, English and Science.
Candidates should also have employment within the Electrical Contracting Industry for the provision of the work-based evidence which must include Domestic, Commercial and Industrial installation.
- Practical assignments, written assignments, written and online tests.
- On site observations and assessments.
- Portfolio of work based evidence.
This course currently incurs no fees for 16-18 year old students.
City and Guilds 2391 Test and Inspection, Foundation Degree in Electrotechnical
Main enrolment is in August.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carshalton College directly.