Information Technology BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at The Blue School
This course is designed for learners who are interested in an introduction to the study of creating IT systems to manage and share information, alongside other fields of study, with a view to progressing to a wide range of higher education courses, not necessarily in IT.
This course is equivalent to one GCE A level and is made up of 4 units, three of which are mandatory set by the exam board and one optional unit. The course title is changing and will be known as the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in the future.
How will you learn?
- The content of the course is delivered through modules which cover particular areas of IT.
- Each module will be a combination of theoretical content and practical tasks.
- Students will be assessed on their performance against the Grading Criteria for each module.
- Students will produce a portfolio of evidence to show how they have met the grading Criteria.
- The evidence can be in various forms eg, Case studies, Reports, Program Listings, Web Site Designs etc
Units of study
- Information Technology Systems
- Creating Systems to Manage Information
- Using Social Media in Business
- Data Modelling
5 GCSE’S at A*- C including grades for English and Mathematics as below:
- English Language – New grade 4 or above
- Mathematics – New grade 4 or above
There is one unit which will be assessed via a written examination set and marked by the exam board. The three other units are assessed via controlled assessment/coursework examinations; one of which is set and marked by the exam board, while the other two will be internally assessed and externally moderated. All of the course units have clear assessment objectives easily understood by students, parents, employers and teachers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Blue School directly.